ELEMENTARY SCHOOL COUNSELING
Welcome to Guidance class!
Hello and welcome to my school counseling page~ I wanted this to be a place to share the fun and exciting things we are doing in Guidance Class!
April Guidance Lessons
We have recently started our Careers Unit! We are very excited about this unit and want the students to get information from a variety of people to help get new ideas. This would be a perfect time to talk to your students about your path and whatever career paths they may be interested in!
Life Skill of the Month
Questions to ask at Home
* What is “Resilience”?
* How can you "bounce back" from a difficult time?
* What are the 3 types of communication and what does each one look like? (Passive, Assertive, Aggressive)
* What careers might you be interested in someday?
* How many years of college, if any, do you need for that career?
* What is the average salary for a position like that one?
Zones of Regulation
Cosmic Kids Yoga - http://www.cosmickids.com/jaime/
MindUp - This website will lead you to explore the foundation of the MindUp Program http://teacher.scholastic.com/products/mindup/
Meet your Counselor
Ph: (515) 462 - 1551
Fun Fact: Mrs. Thompson is my School Counselor Intern for the remainder of the school year. She has provided so many fun and exciting things for our guidance lessons and small groups.